Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: Top Three Thursdays | Foundations for Pale Skin

Thursday 30 January 2014

Top Three Thursdays | Foundations for Pale Skin

An image of Liz Earle Signature Foundation in Porcelain, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla and Gosh Illuminating CC Cream in Porcelain

An image of Liz Earle Signature Foundation in Porcelain, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla and Gosh Illuminating CC Cream in Porcelain

An image of Liz Earle Signature Foundation in Porcelain, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla and Gosh Illuminating CC Cream in Porcelain

An image of Liz Earle Signature Foundation in Porcelain, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla and Gosh Illuminating CC Cream in Porcelain

An image of Liz Earle Signature Foundation in Porcelain Swatch, Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Light Vanilla Swatch and Gosh Illuminating CC Cream in Porcelain Swatch
L-R | Bourjois Healthy Mix in Light Vanilla | Liz Earle Signature Foundation in Porcelain | Gosh Illuminating CC Cream in Porcelain
for the second installment of top three thursdays, i'm sharing my pick of the best foundations i've found for pale skin. now i'm as pasty as pasty can be, and even in the summer i don't pick up that much of a tan so i really struggle finding foundations to match my skintone, especially in the drugstore, but these are three that are probably my holy grail foundations.

first up is Bourjois Healthy Mix and i use the shade 51 Light Vanilla. as you can see from the swatches, this is the darkest of the three and slightly more pink-toned than my skin, but typically the lightest sort of shade you'll find in the drugstore and Bourjois aren't the only brand who fail at catering for us pale girls. once blended out this does more or less meet my skintone and is what you'll see me wearing in the majority of my photos (this is definitely more of a summer foundation for me), i just love the formula too much to not pick it up. this leaves my skin looking fresh and smooth and doesn't sink into pores. it also covers blemishes really well so i'm not left needing to cake on the concealer afterwards, too. this is more of a medium coverage foundation, but you can really build it up to a high coverage, i just avoid it because that's when it starts to look like it's the worst match in the world for me.  this retails at £9.99, but an offer on Bourjois more often than not so you can probably pick it up a little bit cheaper.

now my all-time favourite foundation that i have ever tried is the Liz Earle Signature Foundation in Porcelain(*) and it is the best colour match i have ever come across.unfortunately i'm nearly out of mine (sob!), but alas, the top screws off easily so i can literally scrape out every last drop so it's still going to last me a good two or three weeks - i do like a foundation where i can use every last drop. this is definitely a high coverage foundation, but doesn't feel at all heavy and cakey on the skin and is super creamy. this honestly leaves my face looking flawless with absolutely no need for concealer, even on those under eye dark circles, i can't rave about it enough. it is a little more on the pricey side at £21, but for a foundation that lasts on the skin all day and applies like a dream, it is 100% worth it and i will definitely be repurchasing as soon as i have a spare £20 floating around. 

finally, if you're after a foundation for light coverage then the GOSH Illuminating CC Cream in Porcelain is the one for you. obviously as a CC cream, this is made for colour correcting and is a primer, foundation, moisturiser and SPF all in one. this is great for a 'no makeup' makeup look and really leaves you with an even base to apply the rest of your makeup. unlike the other two, there is still a need for a little dab of concealer here or there, but this is better if you're after something that's a lot lighter and easier on the skin. it still has the staying power, so add this to the list of benefits of a CC cream and you've got the perfect all round product. this one is £8.99 but again, you can normally pick it up on 3 for 2's and all the other lovely offers that Boots and Superdrug like to entice/bankrupt spoil us with!

if any of you have other foundations which are great for pale skin then please let me know as i am always on the look out for something new to try! 


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow I love the sound of the Liz earle foundation, Will be checking it out :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm heartbroken mines now run out, i'm literally scraping every last drop out! xx

      Delete
  2. Great post, I have really fair skin and I always struggle with foundations! The liz earle foundation sounds great! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this helped! I always love coming across something new which works for me xx

      Delete
  3. Shade 51 in Bourjois is really yellow on me but it's great finding more about GOSH foundation! MAC NW10 is still a little dark for me, I'm such a ghost! (:

    Ellis xo
    ELRBX / beauty & lifestyle blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's such a pain in the bum to try and find matches, isn't it? i've not tried a MAC one yet (in fear i fall in love and have to bankrupt myself with repurchases) but i might see what they colour match me with and then try and find something similar. xx

      Delete
  4. I love the Rimmel Match Perfection foundation, in fact, I wrote a review here if you fancied a read, it's perfect for me and I'm basically just white! I am so fair skinned haha, I find the bourjois foundations far to yellow for me :(
    Lou Barker xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou, Lou! i've heard lots of good things about the colour range and this foundation in general so i will definitely be checking that out next! xx

      Delete