Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: The Review | Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara

Saturday 17 August 2013

The Review | Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara



before we go any further, yes i know that this isn't 'new' anymore. sorry for being a bad beauty blogger and not getting round to reviewing this quicker, but i've seen so many mixed reviews on this that i wanted to throw mine into the mix.
for any of you who haven't heard of this before, this is the Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Gel-Mousse Mascara. in simple terms, the gel-mousse formula means that there is 40% less hard wax which is supposed to give extra volume which enticed me in, along with all the hype that was around this when it released.
but i wasn't really impressed. first off, i usually only use waterproof mascaras, and at the time there wasn't that option with this. i found that it flaked off my lashes and gathered under my eyes. i didn't think there was all that much volume either, and i have other mascaras which give my lashes more of a boost. maybe it's the flexi wand that i just didn't get on with (which, in my opinion, is far too 'flexy' to get a decent grip and coat on your lashes) which is to blame, but for a mascara that promises extra volume, i was let down. 
the only thing i could recommend this for is a 'no-makeup makeup' look. i'll try working with it a little more, but i don't think this will be repurchased!

have any of your girls tried this? if so, what did you think?


Maybelline The Mega Plush Volum' Express Mascara | £7.99 | Superdrug/Boots



2 comments:

  1. I realllyyy want to try this!

    great post,
    Zofia xo
    (http://littlemisspradaxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting review. I've got this mascara but haven't opened it yet as I'm using up some other ones first. I must admit that after reading a few reviews on it, I'm not expecting much from it. I was really excited for this to come out in the UK as it was so talked about by American YouTubers but it seems like it could be a let down...

    I'm following via Twitter and GFC

    It would be lovely if you came to visit my blog sometime too :-)

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete