Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: The Edit | You're Making Me Blush

Saturday 3 August 2013

The Edit | You're Making Me Blush


when summer comes around, i go a little bit blush crazy and they end up outnumbering anything else in my makeup bag. i'm not much of a bold lip kinda gal, so i like to have a little bit of colour on my cheeks to give me a rosy glow and thought i'd share my current picks with you... i've picked out some neutral shades, some corals and a whole load-a pinks!



Dolce & Gabbana's The Iluminator(*) in Shimmer  is a really neutral matte shade that just gives a bit more life to an everyday make-up look and give you a really natural looking flush. Sleek's Rose Gold  is probably my go-to blush, and even though it looks super daunting in the pan, it gives a real rosy shimmer to you cheeks. the bronzey/taupe tones in E.L.F's Baked Blush in Rich Rose really tone down the deep pink shades and gives a slightly more peachy edge. then, of course, is Benefit Dandelion - a gorgeous pale pink which also acts great as a matte highlighter. Collection & Bourjois' blushes in Trouble and Rose de Jaspe are both beautiful if you want something with a bit of shimmer to it. Rose de Jaspe is uber pigmented true pink shade with a little going a very long way, while Trouble is a little more on the subtle side with a slightly deeper hue to it. 

if you're not much of a blusher wearer, then this next palette is perfect for getting you started. it has literally any blush shade you could wish for to dabble with whilst you're working out what works for you. i can safely say that some of the brighter shades will probably remain forever untouched as they are a tad too extravagant for me at the minute, but i will definitely be experimenting and seeing if i can make them work for me!
 

this little beauty set me back just £2.99 (+78p P&P) and arrived from China in less than two weeks. i've already used at least half the colours and i am so glad i finally bought this after having my eye on it for months! as you can see from the swatches, even the palest blushes are really pigmented, so with a little going a long way again, this will definitely last me a long, long time. 

i would love to hear which blushers you all recommend, so drop them below in a comment! 


WHERE TO BUY
Dolce & Gabbana | £34.50 | link
E.L.F | £3.75 | link
Sleek | £4.49 | link
Benefit | £23.50 | link
Collection | £2.99 | link
Bourjois | £7.99 | link
Palette | similar here


2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty collection! I really like Bourjois blushes. I wish I had more x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll definitely be adding more to my collection, they've really upped their game lately. xxx

      Delete