Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: New Years Resolutions

Saturday 5 January 2013

New Years Resolutions


so i might be a little late with a post on new years resolutions, but i can't even remember the last time i made one, so i've actually shocked myself at how long my list is they year, but i think they're all achievable to i'm going to try my best! and somehow, writing them down in a blogpost makes them feel a little more official.

1. Try some Soap & Glory products
I've actually already bought my first Soap & Glory product - A Great Kisser Lip Moisture Balm. I hear/read so many beauty blogs and everyone seems to rave over this brand so I am determined to start trying out some more of the pieces. I think the reason i've avoided it in the past is because it's more expensive than the products i would usually buy, so i'll be keeping an eye out for any offers and taking advantage of them. 

2. Try some Lush products
Again, something that I see a lot on other blogs but haven't really ever tried for myself. I saw a review on one of their shampoo bars this morning and i really want to get my hands on one now. Because we don't have a bath at our uni house, they're one of the things i look forward to the most when i come home so i'll be testing out Lush bits to make them even better.

3. Do 20 sit ups every morning and every night
Because I can't afford or be bothered to go to the gym - this is my alternative.

4. ALWAYS walk to work. unless it's raining.
Another keep fit attempt. It's a mile each way. I'm just lazy sometimes.

5. Eat more healthily
Fruit & veg seem to be non-existant in my uni diet, so I'm gonna try and eat a lot better and eat lots more salad! 

6. Try and save £1000 in my savings for car/internship
This will be purely from my wages I earn until I come home from uni for the summer. I'm interning this summer, so have no form of income for a while, so i want to try and have enough for my car insurance plus some money to keep me going through the summer. 

7. Don't attempt a spending ban
Because I will not stick to it and it makes me want to buy things even more because I know i can't/shouldn't.

8. Book a holiday
Hopefully with some of the attempted £1000 save. James has an apartment in Spain and I think there's a few plans to try and head over there at some point. 

9. Purchase a brush cleaner for  make-up brushes
So I can look after the ones I have and save money on replacing brushes. I have my eye on the e.l.f daily cleaner and shampoo.

10. Jar project
Everytime something good happens to me or makes me smile this year, I'll write it down and put it in a jar so I can open it up at the end of the year and look back on all those things, no matter how small they were.

11. Watch as many films as possible off my list of 'Films I Should Have Seen But Haven't'
I've actually spent the last day or so compiling this list. Initially it was just meant to be 52 films long - one a week, pretty achievable, right? Well when i'd finished, there were 81 on the list so i've decided to round it up to 100 films and cross off as many of them as possible. I just need 11 more, so if anyone has any suggestions, please leave them in comments below - i think from the mix on the list you can see i'm pretty willing to watch most things! i am updating this as i go along throughout the year!

1. 500 Days of Summer
2. New Year's Eve
3. The Time Travellers Wife
4. Bambi
5. The Lucky One
6. Keith Lemon: The Movie
7. American Beauty 
8. 127 Hours
9. Dirty Dancing
10. Friends With Benefits
11. Knocked Up
12. Footloose
13. Taken
14. 13 Going On 30
15. About a Boy
16. Fame
17. Green Mile
18. Mamma Mia
19. Music & Lyrics
20. Sex and the City 2
21. Slumdog Millionaire
22. The Kings Speech
23. Snow White & The Hunstman
24. Tangled
25. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
26. Ice Age 2
27. Ice Age 3
28. Ice Age 4
29. Salmon Fishing in the Yemen
30. 21 Jump Street
31. What to Expect when You're Expecting
32. Fight Club
33. Grown Ups
34. Saving Private Ryan
35. Romeo & Juliet
36. Batman Begins
37. The Dark Knight
38. The Dark Knight Rises
39. Inception - i've actually already seen it but was so confused!
40. Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the Black Pearl
41. Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans Chest
42. Pirates of the Caribbean At Worlds End
43. Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides
44. I am Legend
45. James Bond Quantum of Solace
46. The Butterfly Effect
47. Breakfast at Tiffany's
48. LOL
49. Atonement
50. The Devil Wears Prada
51. Pride & Prejudice
52. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
53. Clueless
54. When Harry Met Sally
55. Serendipity
56. Back to the Future
57. Wild Child
58. A Walk to Remember
59. Oceans 11
60. Oceans 12
61. Oceans 13
62. Forrest Gump
63. Hitch
64. The Pursuit of Happiness
65. What Happens in Vegas
66. The Blind Side
67. The Bucket List
68. Easy A
69. Over Her Dead Body
70. White Chicks
71. 50 First Dates
72. The 5 Year Engagement
73. Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants
74. Me & Orson Welles
75. Savages
76. Breaking Dawn Part 2
77. So Undercover
78. Aladdin
79. The Little Mermaid
80. Confessions of a Shopaholic
81. Love & Other Drugs
82. Limitless
83. The Parent Trap
84. Chicken Run
85. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
86. Crazy Beautiful
87. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
88. Chalet Girl
89. Lost In Translation
90. Phonebooth
91. Collateral
92. Big
93. Crash
94. Crazy Stupid Love
95. War Horse
96. Step Brothers
97.
98.
99.
100.

There's also a seperate list of films that are out throughout the year so i'll be hitting the cinema quite a bit!
1. Skyfall   saw it last night!
2. Taken 2
3. Iron Man 3
4. The Hangover Part III
5. One Direction 3D Concert Movie
6. Paranormal Activity 5
7. Hunger Games - Catching Fire
8. Pitch Perfect
9. Spring Breakers
10. Movie 43

Okay, I'm done - phew! Has anyone else made any New Years Resolutions this year? Drop me a comment below - and good luck with them too!



2 comments:

  1. My resolutions / goals are;

    - don't smoke all year
    - get back to my low weight
    - move out
    - be more positive
    - learn to cook
    - spend nye in london
    - have a 21st birthday party
    - see mcfly
    - get a tattoo
    - take a picture of myself every day
    - write to carrie

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Haha, your blog is super pretty. You better add 7 pounds with Will Smith to your list as well, I sobbed after it! Also I have Me & Orson Welles on DVD if you want to borrow it. Also War Horse should be on your list if you haven't already seen it! xx

    ReplyDelete