Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: WIMM-UB; What's In My Make-Up Bag

Thursday 5 July 2012

WIMM-UB; What's In My Make-Up Bag

To follow on from yesterday's WIMH, today I have a 'What's In My Make-Up Bag' post. If I'm honest, not all of this comes out my make-up bag as it doesn't all fit, but this is all the products I use on a daily/regular basis.


This is my make-up bag; this was just a couple of pound in Primark

Now make-up is something I love, but something I don't like to spend out on. All my make-up is drugstore brands; I'd much rather spend less and have lots.

Again, I'll split it down into categories.

Face
Foundation; Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in 100 Ivory - This has been my everyday foundation for at least a year now and I've finally got a bit fed up with it and wanted to try something new. This bottle is nearly empty and I have L'Oreal's Lumi Magique to replace it. This foundation is really lovely though! I mix my foundation with moisturiser, and I don't think I'd ever have used this on it's own as it tends to go a bit cakey and orangey. It does give lovely coverage, but doesn't have much staying power, so I'm hoping I'll have better luck with my new one. I think this costs £6.99 from Superdrug/Boots and comes in a variety of shades.
Powder; 2true Matte Pressed Powder in Shade 3 (See review here) - I'm just using powder whilst on the hunt for the perfect primer, so I snapped this up for just £1.99 and it's doing the job perfectly. This is Superdrug's own make-up range and it came in 5 or 6 different shades. It helps even out skintones whitout being really heavy on the skin.
Blush; Natural Collection in Cloud Pink and an unbranded blush - I've had this natural collection shade for ages now, but only recently started using it. It looks like quite a harsh pink in the pot, but comes out really subtle and blends really well. The unbranded pot, I came across whilst clearing out my room and I'm sure it's from one of those make-up sets you get when you're younger. It had never been opened so is still fresh and new, and I love that it's a slightly deeper shade; it almost acts as a bronze/blush all in one. It's much more of a natural done than Cloud Pink.


Brushes
So sorry that you can't see half of them, my kitten got in the way and I then deleted the wrong photo whilst uploading, but you can still see these in the main picture at the top! 
Foundation; Body Collection Foundation Brush - This was just a cheap brand I bought on Ebay when my old brush needed replacing. I really don't see the point in buying an expensive foundation brush when in the end, they all do exactly the same job. This cost me no more than £2 so rather than messing around and cleaning my brush, I'll just get a new one when the time comes around 
Powder; Superdrug's Own Brand - This was just £2.99 from Superdrug which I bought to dust on my face powder. Cheap, and does the job it needs to.
Blush/Bronze; Chanel Le Petit Pinceau Touch-Up Brush - Now I honestly have no idea where this brush ever came from and ended up in my make-up bag because I never would go out and buy it. But I won't complain as this is the perfect blush brush. Because the bristles are so tightly packed it makes applying blush a dream and it goes exactly where you want! 



damn the kitten.

Eyes
Mascara
I have three mascara's in my makeup bag. Collection 2000's Skyscraper in the regular mascara and the waterproof version both in black. These are running on empty now, but were a bargain for £4.99 each. They do seem to dry out a little quickly, which is disappointing, but when first purchased these were some of the best mascara's I've tried. I always use the waterproof over my everyday mascara. These are mainly used to build up layers when I'm going on a night out. They have plastic comb applicators which help seperate lashes. My everyday mascara is Boots 17 Falsifeye, again in black. I can't remember how much this was as I paid for it partly with a voucher, but this is my ultimate favourite mascara. It really volumises, and especially lengthens your lashes, I just wish they did a waterproof version!! This comes with a chunky brush applicator.
Eyeliner
Liquid Eyeliner; Collection 2000 Extreme Liquid Liner - I think this was just £3 or £4.99, and I love it! Rather than having a brush applicator, it's more a felt-tip pen nib which really allows for more precise application and makes it easier to add a thicker look to your liner. It is really long-lasting and doesn't appear shiny and sticky like some liquid liners.
General eyeliner; Miss Sporty Kohl Pencil in Black - this is again just £1.99 and I use this to line my eyes with. This pencil has lasted me months even though I use it everyday, and it's a really nice consistency - it's quite thick which makes it last longer on the eye. 

Mascara Applicators

Lips
These are my favourites out of each listed category, I own far more products than just these!!
Clear; 2true Lipgloss in Clear - Again Superdrug's own brand for just £1.99. I just use this to go over my lipsticks as I didn't want to ruin a more expensive one. This is really thick and sticky, which isn't to everyone's taste, but I really like it as it really stays on the lips, and when over lipsticks, helps keep the colour to stay.
Lipstick; Barry M Lip Paint in 153 - i am in love with this shade. it's a lot brighter than i'd ever usually go for, but this has set off a love for lipstick, and Barry M's collection in particular. These are £4.69 (I think) and well worth the money. They have brilliant staying power and a really moisturising consistency.
Coloured Gloss; Barry M Lip Gloss in Shade 12 - This is a stunning coral shade, and is really pigmented. It slicks over the lips like a dream and is a kinds of  'your lips but better' shade! 



Other Tools
Eyelash Curlers - I can't remember the exact brand of these, but they were from Superdrug and cost around £4. They work perfectly and the spring hasn't given in yet.
Tweezers; Models Own - These were part of a magazine giveaway, but are the best tweezers I've had. They have a slanted point and get each and every little hair!


Bits & Pieces
Mirror; Hannah Montana from New Look - Now before you judge, I have had these for 5 years now and I only still have it because this is the longest lasting compact I've had without it breaking or getting lost, so I don't want to get a new one and break this trend! Sad, I know. 
Kirby Grips - I bought a joblot of these off of Ebay as I go through (by go through, I mean lose) so many of them and you never know when you'll need a couple, so they're handy to always have with you.


If you want any links to items, or more info just feel free to ask! 

Enjoy
xoxo.















1 comment:

  1. What lovely products & adorable make-up bag! :)

    Stop by and check out my blog giveaway! :)
    http://dawndugong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete