Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: Review // Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream

Friday 20 July 2012

Review // Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream


i'm starting to feel like my whole life is spent reviewing things, but here's a new one anyway - Maybelline's BB Cream. This is the second BB cream I've tried now, after reviewing a free sample of L'Oreal's Nude Magique BB Cream (which you can see here!) and I think I'll definitely be purchasing one in the near future. 
Maybelline's BB Cream comes in 4 shades - light, medium, dark and universal glow - and is available in Superdrug and Boots for £7.99, and is also in a 3 for 2 Maybelline offer in both stores. Again, I am reviewing a sample in the shade 'Light'


'Thanks to its oil-free, water-based, gel formula, Dream Fresh BB is lighter than other BB creams. And with four shades to choose from you're sure to find one that's perfect for you. No fussing, no caking, no tide marks. Just bare 8-in-1 perfection - with SPF 30 protection - in a single step'

Maybelline promote their BB Cream as an 8-in-1 Skin Perfector
1 // Imperfections look blurred
2 // A natural looking glow
3 // Fresh feel
4 // Compliments skin tone
5 // Skin looks smooth
6 // Hydrates
7 // Protects with SPF 30
8 // Oil-free, non-greasy

As it claims to do all 8 of these things, I've decided to compare my experience with the BB Cream to each point.
1 // Imperfections look blurred; I'm 50/50 on this point. I have some blemishes on my chin right now, and yes, it did blur them, but I find that foundation is better coverage for such blemishes. It did apply better round my eyes than foundation sometimes does, so this did impress me.
2 // A natural looking glow; This is a definite your skin but better product, your face doesn't look caked in foundation, it just smooths out the skin and does look very natural, but seeing as this is the point of a BB Cream, I wouldn't expect anything less. 
3 // Fresh feel; It hasn't left my skin feeling heavy like foundation, so it definitely feels a lot fresher.
4 // Compliment skin tone; I'm really impressed with how well the pigments blended into my skin tone. I'm quite pale, so finding the perfect foundation can sometimes be a nightmare, so this definitely makes BB Creams appeal to me a lot more as it does very much compliment my skintone.
5 // Skin looks smooth; Definitely! Aswell as looking smooth, my skin feels smooth and fresh aswell.
6 // Hydrates; I don't tend to suffer from dry skin so I don't have much of an opinion on the creams hydrating properties!
7 // Protects with SPF 30; This is perfect! It has a much higher SPF protection than L'Oreal's aternative and I think BB Cream's are perfect for daytime on holiday as they are so light and fresh, so high SPF protection makes this product a better contender for holiday use. 
8 // Oil-free, non-greasy; I can occasionally suffer with oily skin, often depending on the product I'm using, but this Cream hasn't brought a breakout with it! 

Overall, I agree with all the 8-in-1 features that Maybelline provide. One thing I disliked about the L'Oreal BB was that it had a very thin consistency to it. Compared to this, the Maybelline BB is a much thicker consistency and more likened to that of a foundation, so I actually felt like I had better coverage on my face than with L'Oreal. This is a plus for me, as I really am not a fan of the bare-skinned feel.

Initial Application

Once rubbed into the skin; a brilliant match!

I'm much more impressed with this BB than with L'Oreal's and I think this is mainly because it feels more like a foundation to me and I'm a nightmare for not being able to leave the house with no make-up. I think I'll be snapping this up at the airport for days around the pool and on the beach as foundation can feel thick and heavy in the sun (and just melt off anyway!) and it really sinks into the skin and feels fresh and natural. I'll pop in a photo of myself wearing the BB Cream at the bottom of this post to give you a better idea of its appearance.



Enjoy
xoxo.







No comments:

Post a Comment