Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: Review // Boots Natural Collection Sheer Natural Lipstick in Sand Castle

Monday 16 July 2012

Review // Boots Natural Collection Sheer Natural Lipstick in Sand Castle

Today brings my first purchase of a Natural Collection lipstick! I've read a fair few reviews on these now and they've all been positive, with lots of comments on how pigmented they are and how vast the colour collection is for such a cheap drugstore brand. 
Seeing as this was my first try of these lipsticks I decided to go for a neutral everyday shade and settled on Sand Castle



This picture really doesn't give the shade justice. It doesn't look this dark in person, but no matter what setting I had my camera on, I just couldn't get the right picture; it's much more nudey.
Unfortunately these photos make the lipstick look a reddy/orange shade when it's actually more of a nude/coral (sorry if I sound like I'm throwing colours all over the place!). Hopefully this swatch will make this a lot clearer! 


I'd describe this as a 'your lips but better' shade, as it doesn't appear to coat the lips with much colour, but really gives them a natural sheen. I also found that the lipstick was also very moisturising in contrast with how heavy and matte some feel; it almost acted as a lipbalm and stick all in one. I love the shade aswell - it's really hard to find the perfect nude/natural lipstick without suffering from the dreaded foundation lips look. 

Sorry this photo is tiny, but it's horrendous! 

Overall, I'm super impressed with this for a drugstore product that cost me just £1.99. I'd much rather spend   £20 on ten lipsticks from cheaper collections than one more expensive one, when they all work just aswell and when there's so many dupes for higher end cosmetic brands on the high street. 

Cost // £1.99
Availability // In all good Boots stores or Boots.com
Rating // 8/10; a really lovely natural shade, but could do with a little more lasting power!

Enjoy
xoxo.




No comments:

Post a Comment