Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: New Nail Polishes

Saturday 9 June 2012

New Nail Polishes

I think it's safe to say I'm getting addicted. Today I bought these 2 polishes: Barry M Chameleon in Lilac and 2True Glossywear Nail Polish in shade #48.


I'll start with the Barry M. Their chameleon range was new in stores this week, and after reading about it on their twitter page (@BarryMCosmetics) I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. It comes in two other shades, but I chose this one as the colour it changes into is just a shade variation rather than a totally different colour.  Basically, you paint on a layer of the paint, and then if you layer over the top coat, the polish changes colour. One thing I loved about this polish is that it truly is a one coat wonder - it's quite thick without being gloopy. This is the resulting colour after the initial layer
Now I'm not much of a nail artist, but I tried out a couple of designs here, so you could see the chameleon effect. 

This makes a nice change as it's much easier to get multiple colours on your nails without all the fiddling around making sure colours don't merge and smudge together. I don't think I'll be getting the other two polishes in the collection, not because I don't like it, but because the chameleon colours they change into just aren't colours that I'd wear together - if Barry M were to increase the range to include more shade variations then I'd be more likely to purchase. 
£3.99 - Superdrug. Available in Boots next week.


I went on the hunt for this 2True shade after seeing a post mentioning it on another blog, and at only £1.99 (or three for £4.99) this was a complete steal. 
Unfortunately, it took three shades to build up a colour that was matte enough for my taste.



It could potentially do with another coat, but here it's done without a base coat so hopefully that'll make a difference. I don't usually like shimmery shades, but this is verging on glittery rather than iridescent. It's fast drying, so even though three coats were needed, it wasn't time consuming at all.

Both of these polishes are worth the money - go out and try them! 


No comments:

Post a Comment