Find us on Google+ sophielouisew_: Garment Review - Billie & Blossom at Dorothy Perkins Petite Dress

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Garment Review - Billie & Blossom at Dorothy Perkins Petite Dress

Time for review number 2! This time from the Dorothy Perkins concession 'Billie & Blossom'

The basics - comes in sizes 6-16 in just the one colour option, but there are some very similar designs and styles in the Billie & Blossom section. This was again ordered online, when Dorothy Perkins had a 30% off dresses and shoes offer last week, plus a 15% off for Facebook Fans code. This meant I couldn't get student discount aswell, but 45% is enough for me! I ordered this because I hate things that are tight-fitting under the arms, and this looked perfect for that little pet peeve - and it is! One huge negative to this is how seethrough and sheer it is, as it doesn't appear this way on the website at all. The dress itself is a crepey chiffon material, and has a nylony slip underneath, but even with this it was horribly sheer. This alone was enough to make me consider sending it back, but because I loved the dress so much I improvised with a white strapless vest which is luckily longline. Rather than wearing it properly, i just tucked it under the bottom of the bra so that it comes to the same length as the slip. This would normally irritate me to hell having so many layers, but the fact that the dress itself is quite loose and the strapless top it very tight-fitting, it actually gives me a bit more reassurance that I won't be having any wardrobe malfunctions. I wouldn't have bought this if it had been full price, but it caught my eye so much - I've always been a floral fan, but loved that this was a much more subtle print. I wouldn't quite say that the dress is worth its money as there is no way you could wear it as it comes - it needs more under it than just the slip which is provided. It's definitely more of an evening/night out dress, and will be absolutely perfect for summer weddings! I've styled it up with two different sets of accessories:

BEFORE

 AFTER

 I've shown two different options here, both of which are nighttime styling options - one with tan accessories, and one with black and gold. 

 OPTION ONE ACCESSORIES (Tan/Left)
Belt - Free with the dress
Small pastel stack rings - Primark past season
Nude stone ring - Primark past season
Gold/Turquoise bangle - Avon past season
Tan heels - Primark past season
OPTION TWO ACCESSORIES (Black/Right)
Belt - River Island from a past season skirt
Ring - Primark past season
Heels - Primark past season
AND
White Top (worn underneath) - New Look current stock

And again, seperate nail options:
For styling option one, there's three shades in my personal polish collection that I'd choose from - Barry M Nail Paint in 309 Strawberry Ice Cream, 304 Mint Green or 310 Mushroom. For the second styling option I'd just stick with the 47 Black.

Enjoy
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment